watch the movie and answer 10 questions
the link is https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x40jndd
1. What was the aim of Dr. Roy’s “Speech Home Project”? Did they obtain the data they were looking for?
2. Which sound did Dr. Roy’s son used first to refer to “water”? How long did it take for him to produce an adult-sounding word?
3. Why did researchers think the experiment to teach language to Vicky failed?
4. What was Dr. Fitch’s finding about the larynx in animals, using a special X-ray machine? Which conclusion does he draw from it?
5. What is the nature of Steve Steer’s language impairment?
6. How does Dr. William Pfeiffer conclude that babies learn language while still in the womb?
7. What is Chomsky’s “Linguistic Innateness Hypothesis”?
8. What is the “forbidden experiment”?
9. What is the FoxP2 gene? What does it do, and how was it discovered?
10. What evidence suggests that, even though the human species was physiologically ready for speech 200.000 years ago, language may have only emerged about 50.000 years ago?